Makes 12 servings | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 17 mins
A sheet pan dinner is the quickest way to get a balanced meal on the table. This one is bursting with flavor from the turkey sausage, mushrooms and spinach. You can make it in advance or serve it hot from the oven–either way, it’s a hit!
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 links lean sweet Italian turkey sausage, such as Jennie-O, sliced into rounds
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups baby spinach
10 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup whole milk
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 10×15-inch sheet pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the mushrooms and sausage slices on the sheet pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the mushrooms and sausage are cooking, add the remaining oil to a large pan and saute over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook 1 more minute, until wilted; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cheese, milk, salt, and pepper and whisk until fully combined. Add the sauteed onions and spinach to the egg mixture and pour into the sheet pan.
- Bake the frittata for 17 minutes, until set and golden around the edges. Let cool slightly before slicing into 12 squares. Can be made a day in advance and reheated, or frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.