MAKES 9 SERVINGS | PREP TIME: 10 MINS | COOK TIME: 40 MIN
I love baked oatmeal and I’m always thinking about new flavor combos to try in this easy and healthy dish. I had some chocolate chips to use up, as well as some bananas kicking around and I thought, “Hey, let’s try this!” Not only did those ingredients work well in my baked oats, they also ended up making the oats taste like banana bread—amazing.
These baked oats can be made in advance and reheated in the oven for 15 minutes before serving. Make them for Valentine’s Day or to cozy up any day of the week.
Chocolate & Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Thoroughly combine the dry ingredients (oats through chocolate chips) in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (bananas through vanilla). Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden and edges are set. You can prep the entire recipe the night before, cover and then bake it in the morning, or bake it in advance and reheat it for 15 minutes before serving. Either way, it’s delicious!