MAKES 9 SERVINGS | PREP TIME: 10 MINS | COOK TIME: 40 MIN
Whether you love it or hate it, I’ll be that you have some eggnog around the house at this time of year. If you’re done with drinking it, use it up in these delicious baked oats. If you’ve already added alcohol to it, that’s fine, but since this is a breakfast dish, it’s probably better to just use the nog sans booze.
These baked oats can be made in advance and reheated in the oven for 15 minutes before serving. It’s the perfect cozy breakfast on these cold winter mornings.
Eggnog Baked Oatmeal
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 21/2 cups eggnog of your choice (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup slivered or chopped almonds (toasted for 5 minutes at 400°F)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Thoroughly combine the dry ingredients (oats through cranberries) in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (maple through vanilla).
- Pour the dry ingredients into the dish, then pour the wet ingredients on top. Sprinkle the almonds over the oats and bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden and edges are set. You can prep the entire recipe the night before, cover and then bake it in the morning, or bake it in advance and reheat it for 15 minutes before serving. Either way, it’s delicious!