Makes 1 cup jam
With three kids, we go through a ton of strawberry jam. Instead of spending $9 for a jar, I make this simple version. It’s wonderful on toast and muffins, and is a welcome addition stirred into oatmeal and yogurt as well.
Superquick Strawberry Jam
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 apple, peeled and chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine all of the ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until combined.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, until mixture thickens and reduces, about 15 minutes. Skim off any foam that forms as the jam cooks. Allow to cool and then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 1 cup jam.