Makes 12 muffins
When I know we’ve got a busy week ahead, I like having a batch of healthy muffins around. They are awesome for a quick breakfast or after school snack, especially with a schmear of peanut or almond butter on top. These dairy-free muffins are especially satisfying with the addition of rolled oats.
- Cooking spray, for the pan
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- ¼ cup ghee
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup coconut milk (or other milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the banana, chocolate chips, cherries, ghee blend, eggs, coconut milk and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until just combined. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and top each muffin with about 2 teaspoons of chopped walnuts. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 18 minutes, until the tops of muffins are golden and dry to the touch. Let cool for about 15 minutes and enjoy! The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days.