Before my husband and I got married, we were lucky enough to take a trip to Maui for a food and wine festival. We stayed at the amazing Travaasa Hana Hotel, then called the Hotel Hana Maui, and visited a truly incredible fruit farm called Ono Organic Farms. I had eaten tropical fruit before, but it tasted nothing like the sweet, highly colorful, intensely fruity gems we sampled at Ono. While you’re not likely to find tropical fruit that’s quite as perfect as what you’d get in Hawaii, you can certainly transport yourself to a more oasis-like day with this delicious salad.
- 1 ripe PASSION FRUIT, halved and pulp scooped out
- Juice of ½ LIME
- 1 teaspoon AGAVE NECTAR (light or dark)
- 1 STAR FRUIT, sliced
- 2 yellow or green KIWI FRUITS, peeled, halved, and sliced crosswise into half-moons
- 1 yellow PLUOT or PLUM, pitted and diced
- ½ DRAGON FRUIT, preferably pink inside, peeled and cubed
- ½ golden PINEAPPLE, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons flaked unsweetened COCONUT
- In a small bowl, whisk together the passion fruit pulp, lime juice, and agave nectar. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, gently toss together the remaining fruits and coconut and drizzle the passion fruit dressing over top. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- CALORIES 81
- Fat 1.4g(Sat 1g, Mono 0.1g, Poly 0.2g)
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrates 18g
- Fiber 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Iron 0.4mg
- Sodium 3mg
- Potassium 222mg
- Calcium 20mg