It’s that time of year when we gather to give thanks. And this year there is a lot to be grateful for! We’re able to see family and friends and celebrate by sharing a very special meal together.
I have been making this Tom the Turkey (or Tessa the turkey) centerpiece for my kids for years. They love it and now they make it with me! If you want to make one with your family this year, here’s how to do it:
- Grab a large platter or cutter board to arrange everything on.
- Wash red and green grapes, star fruit, cloudberries, cranberries and raspberries. Dice up pineapple and mango. Cut a pear in half. This is just a guide–be creative and use whatever fruit you have on hand!
- Using wooden skewers, place the fruit on the skewers. I like going in rainbow order. Once you have made about 8 to 10 skewers, it’s time to attach them to the pear body.
- Cut out turkey feet and a nose from orange or lemon peel. Add candy eyes to the pear body using honey.
- Present to your guests and get ready for the oohs and aahs!