Makes 6 Ice Pops
Happy summer! There are so many fun celebrations on the horizon. Whether you’re gathering your family for a backyard BBQ or heading to the beach, you’ll need some tasty ways to cool off. What better way to do that than with a classic rocket pop? And this one has none of the artificial colors or flavors that you’ll find in a typical store-bought one.
These do take a few hours to completely freeze, so throw on some tunes, grab your blender and get going! You’ll need a standard set of 6 ice pop molds. If you include the beet, you’ll get a much deeper red color, but the pops will still work without it.
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1 small peeled beet, chopped, optional
- 1/2 banana
- 4 ounces unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup blueberries or frozen wild blueberries
- 2 ounces grape juice
- In a blender, combine the watermelon, cherries and beet and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into 6 ice pop molds, filling 1/3 of the mold. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until nearly solid.
- Blend the banana with the coconut or almond milk, as well as the lime juice. Remove ice pop molds from the freezer and pour the coconut-banana layer into the molds, filling them another 1/3 of the way up. Place molds back in the freezer and freeze for another hour and 15 minutes.
- Blend the blueberries or wild blueberries with the grape juice. Remove ice pop molds from the freezer and pour the blueberry layer into the pop molds, filling to the top. Place the pop sticks into the molds and freeze for 2 hours. Unmold by running the pops under warm water and gently removing. Enjoy!