If you’ve visited my site before, you know I love a good overnight oats recipe. It’s already a wonderful way to start your day, but I wanted to see if I could amp up the nutrition even more. Turns out it’s possible!
I combined cooked quinoa with rolled oats for a more protein-packed grain base, then layered on a delicious maple-pumpkin puree, a little yogurt for calcium and probiotics, and finally sprinkledI on some pumpkin seeds for crunch and heart-healthy magnesium. This hearty ONO makes a super-charged, super food, on-the-go breakfast!
1 Success Boil-in-Bag Tri-Color Quinoa
½ cup rolled oats
Pinch of sea salt
1 can pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup plain yogurt
1. Get 4 lidded jars ready to go.
2. Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool and transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Add the oats and pinch of salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup. Set aside.
4. Into each jar, spoon ¼ cup of the pumpkin mixture, followed by ½ cup, plus 1 tablespoon of the quinoa mixture. Add ¼ cup of the yogurt to each jar, followed by 2 more tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture. Place lids back on jars and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
5. Remove jars from the refrigerator, take off the lids and add 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds to each jar. Enjoy!
Blog post content sponsored by Success Rice