We’re heading into the busiest season–next to the holidays–and I thought y’all might need an extra boost to help you through the back-to-school gauntlet. I love ONO–mostly because I love opening the fridge door and seeing that breakfast magically made itself–voila! But also because I love all the goodness that oats bring, from heart health to lowering your cholesterol to helping you feel satisfied. And they also taste great and go with virtually everything.
Try this caffeinated version of ONO and let me know what you think! There’s just 1/2 cup of cold brew per serving, so you can still have your regular cup of Joe too.
Makes 5 servings
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup cold brew coffee (not concentrate)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or oatmilk
- 10 teaspoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- Place the oats, flax seeds, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and combine. Transfer 1/2 cup of the mixture into each of 5 Mason jars or other lidded containers.
- Combine the milk and the cold brew in a liquid measuring cup. Pour 1/2 cup of the cold brew mixture over the oats in each jar.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips to each jar and gently stir in 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Add a little maple syrup or honey, if desired. Stir and enjoy!