I love coffee and I drink it daily, but I make sure to cut off caffeine by 2 pm or else it keeps me from getting a good night’s sleep. But yes, I do need a little boost around 3 pm. If you need a pick-me-up that won’t leave you jittery, try these caffeine-free options that work for the whole family!
- Go for a short walk: If you can go in the morning, that’s the best idea. Even a short walk is great for clearing brain fog.
- Eat a handful of walnuts: These nuts contain biotin, a B vitamin that helps you metabolize energy from the food you eat.
- Do 20 jumping jacks: This simple exercise elevates your heart quickly and boosts blood flow all around the body, helping you feel more awake.
- Smell a lemon: The scent of lemon is very stimulating to your senses. Slice one open and breathe deeply. And of course, you can add it to your water too!
- Snack on fruit: The natural sugars in a bunch of grapes or a banana can quickly boost your energy level.
- Sip a glass of water with mint: Dehydration can make you feel tired. And mint can help you feel more alert!