Makes 9 servings
When you’re looking for something warm, comforting and still nutritious, try this Mediterranean-inspired pasta bake. Perfect for those in-between months, when it’s still chilly outside, but you’re sick of heavy stews and roasts, this easy pasta dish is ready in less than an hour. The best part is that pretty much all of my family members will eat it–even with the spinach! It’s also much quicker than a lasagna, but still gives you the cheesy satisfaction.
CHEESY BAKED PENNE
- Preheat to 350 F.
- Cook pasta until al dente, about 11 min. Drain.
- Combine sauce and tomatoes in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Heat for 8 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of a 9 x 11-inch baking dish to cover bottom.
- Sprinkle half of the Parmesan over the sauce
- Transfer penne into dish.
- Top with the baby spinach and remaining Parmesan.
- Pour remaining sauce on top.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 25-30 min, until golden on top. Let cook for 5 minutes and enjoy!