My friend Esi was the inspiration behind this brightly hued salad made with red cabbage. She serves it with pulled pork. The slaw can be made one day before serving.
- 1 small head RED CABBAGE (about 1 pound), shredded
- 1¼ cups CARROTS, shredded
- 1 RED or YELLOW BELL PEPPER, sliced thinly into strips and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh CILANTRO leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin OLIVE OIL
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain DIJON MUSTARD
- 1 tablespoon HONEY
- 3 tablespoons fresh ORANGE JUICE
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground BLACK PEPPER
- Toss the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and cilantro together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, honey, orange juice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- CALORIES 60
- Fat 1.8g(Sat 0.2g, Mono 1.2g, Poly 0.2g)
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrates 11g
- Fiber 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Iron 0.5mg
- Sodium 169mg
- Potassium 224mg
- Calcium 32mg