Makes 8 balls
Hey folks–here’s a recipe that I worked on today. It is awesome, but you have to put it together very quickly. There’s still time to make it before the Oscars!
Black Sesame-Coconut and Chocolate Popcorn Balls
- 6 cups popped popcorn, lightly salted
- 1/4 cup Karo syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup black or tan sesame seeds, toasted (or combo of both)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place the popcorn in a large bowl and fill a medium bowl with cold water. Place the sesame
- In a small saucepan, combine the Karo syrup, brown sugar and coconut oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for about 2 minutes, until color darkens.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and stir with a wooden spoon. Quickly add the shredded coconut and chocolate to the popcorn and stir.
- Wet your hands with the cold water and form popcorn into balls. Roll in the sesame seeds and place on the parchment. Continue rolling the popcorn balls as fast as you can! Sometimes it helps to squish the popcorn slightly to get it to stick together. Enjoy!