Makes 10 servings
Add a pop of color and flavor to your Thanksgiving or Christmas table with this delicious and super easy cranberry relish. It comes together in less than 20 minutes and you can make it up to 4 days before you serve it.
A note about cranberries: These berries are pleasantly tart and a good source of vitamin C, which makes them beneficial as a year-round immune-booster. Cranberries have a unique ability to prevent certain bacteria from sticking to the lining of the urinary tract, which helps prevent urinary tract infections. This anti-microbial benefit is also why cranberries show promise in helping prevent cavities and periodontal disease.
Of course, cranberries are also simply delicious! Make this relish for Thanksgiving. As my daughter Willa says, it tastes great over vanilla ice cream!
Orange-Ginger Cranberry Relish
- 1 quart fresh cranberries, washed and picked through
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup 100% orange juice
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Place all of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 10 minutes, until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens.
- Transfer to a serving dish or to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to four days.