- 1 teaspoon plus ⅓ cup (65g) SUGAR
- 3 APRICOTS, pitted and quartered
- ¼ cup (60ml) FRAMBOISE (raspberry liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon ALMOND EXTRACT
- 3 large EGGS 1⁄3 cup (40g)
- ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- ⅛ teaspoon SALT
- ¼ cup (1⁄2 stick/57g) UNSALTED BUTTER, melted, plus more to butter the pie dish
- 1 cup (250ml) 2% MILK
- 1 teaspoon pure VANILLA EXTRACT
- 2 tablespoons sliced ALMONDS
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Butter a 9-inch (23cm) pie dish and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the sugar.
- Place the apricots, cut side down, in a shallow bowl and pour the liqueur and almond extract over top. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ⅓ cup (65g) sugar and the eggs. Fold in the flour and salt, and then the melted butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Arrange the apricots in a circular pattern in the prepared pie dish and then gently pour the batter over the fruit pieces. Sprinkle the almonds evenly on top and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until lightly golden and set. Cut into 6 wedges and serve.