Makes 2 (8-ounce) bowls | PREP TIME: 7 minutes
What’s better than a smoothie for breakfast? A smoothie bowl! For folks who would rather spoon their meal instead of sipping it, but want the benefits of a fruit smoothie, it’s the way to go. Plus it’s fun to add the toppings in a cool pattern.
This smoothie bowl is loaded with vitamin C thanks to the berries, plus potassium from the banana and yogurt. And each serving has a whopping 5.5 grams of filling fiber—mostly from the raspberries. Each bowl is also powered with 10 grams of protein to keep you fueled until your next meal.
You can top your smoothie bowl with whatever you like, but I think the combination of sliced banana, hemp seeds or walnuts, plus toasted coconut chips provides a nice mix of textures. Both walnuts and hemp seeds are a rich source of heart healthy, plant-based omega-3 fatty acids. If you haven’t tried hemp seeds yet, they have a subtle nutty and grassy flavor and don’t contain any THC!
My 4 year-old, Leo, loved this pretty pink smoothie bowl, but if your kids find it too tart, you can always drizzle a little bit of honey on top before serving.
- 1 cup whole, hulled strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 banana, sliced and divided
- 1 (7-ounce) cup Greek 2% yogurt
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds or chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted coconut chips (such as Dang)
- Combine the berries, half of the banana, and the yogurt in a blender and blend for 1 minute, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into two bowls. Top with the remaining banana slices, hemp seeds or walnuts, and coconut chips.