Potato chips are back on the menu! These are lighter than most store-bought varieties because we oven-bake them. Smoked paprika makes them even more flavorful.
2 russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt,divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Using a mandolin slicer or sharp knife, slice
potatoes into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Pat dry on
layers of paper towels to absorb as much
moisture as possible.
3. Toss potato slices with oil in a large bowl, then
toss with smoked paprika 1/2 teaspoon salt, and
pepper; arrange in a single layer on baking sheets.
4. Bake until browned and potato edges lift
slightly from baking sheets 2-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/4
5. Cool completely and store in an airtight
container for up to 1 day.
Serving size: About 11 chips
Fat 4.7g (sat 0.7g, mono 3.3g poly 0.5g)
Posted on Mon, December 19, 2011
by Frances filed under