- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin OLIVE OIL
- 1 tablespoon CIDER VINEGAR
- 2 tablespoons PEACH or APRICOT NECTAR
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground BLACK PEPPER
- 6 cups (400g) MESCLUN GREENS
- ¼ cup (12g) fresh BASIL leaves
- 1 large ripe NECTARINE, pitted and cut into 12 slices
- ½ cup (about 4½ ounces/120g) RICOTTA CHEESE (see Note)
- ¼ cup (28g) shelled UNSALTED PISTACHIOS
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, peach or apricot nectar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Onto each of 4 salad plates, place 1½ cups of the greens, 3 nectarine slices, 2 tablespoons of the ricotta, and 1 tablespoon of the basil leaves.
- Drizzle each salad with 1¼ tablespoons of the vinaigrette, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of pistachios, and serve.
NOTE: The type of ricotta cheese that is sold in the dairy section of your grocery store will work for this recipe, but I recommend you look for fresh ricotta at the cheese counter or at your farmer’s market. Fresh ricotta is creamier and has a richer flavor than commercially produced cheese.