Makes 12 servings | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 min
Pumpkin is one of my all-time favorite fall ingredients. Not only does it make a wonderful addition to baked goods (and adds a ton of moisture), it’s also loaded with beta-carotene and fiber. The maple syrup adds subtle sweetness to the recipe, without being too sweet. And the Organic Valley ghee adds richness to the flavor of these wonderful muffins. To get ghee to its liquid form, simply microwave it in a heat-safe container (like a glass measuring cup) for 20-30 seconds. Let it cool down before adding to the eggs, so you don’t end up with scrambled eggs!
Great for a quick breakfast, after school snack, tailgating party or fall brunch, these muffins are perfect at any occasion. I always keep an extra can of pumpkin on hand because I love them so much!
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Organic Valley ghee, warmed to liquid and cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Spray liners with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup and ghee.
- In a separate bowl, combine the fours, chia seeds, wheat germ, baking powder and soda, spices, and chocolate chips.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine.
- Use a 1/3-cup measure to fill the muffin liners. Sprinkle some of the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or util the tops of the muffins are dry to the touch. Let cool and enjoy!