Hey folks--here we are, at the start of December and I know you probably feel like I do--as though someone has hit the fast forward button on life. There's just too much to do! On top of your regular full plate, there are more social obligations, school functions and all that gift buying to do. I'm here to help you with at least one of them--the gifting.
Here's the first of four gift guides I'll be rolling out this month. This one is devoted to the little ones in our lives. I'll be posting guides for Beauty, Food and Fitness gifts as well. Please shoot me a note and let me know what you think! I'd love to make these bigger and better next time, so please share your comments with me.
As a mom of three who celebrates Chanukah, I have a lots of gifts to get! I hope you find something in this mix for your little one this holiday season.
(starting from the top left and going clockwise)
1. Plan Toys, Field to Farm Play Set, $19.99, exclusively at Whole Foods Markets nationwide, ages 3+. This super cute and educational gift lets kids harvest veggies and then sell them at a mini farmer's market. All materials in the set are sources within a 40-mile radius of the Plan Toys factory, which is run on bio energy. 100% of the net proceeds that PBS receives from the sale of each product will go back to its mission of educating all kids. Whole Foods Market will donate a portion of their proceeds to support the Whole Kids Foundation.
2. Miyoni by Aurora plush llama, $15.99, at Whole Foods Markets nationwide. This sweet and super cuddly llama will become any toddler's new bestie. It's well made of 100% non-toxic materials and contains no PVC or phthalates, but your little guy will only care how soft it is.
3. Aden&Anais, Metallic Gold 3-pack, Classic Swaddles, $49.95, adenandanais.com. These swaddles are made of the same soft and gorgeous fabric as Aden+Anais' regular swaddles, but they're so glam that you may want to "borrow" them from baby to use as a chic wrap. Any way you use them, these gilded swaddles will up your mom game.
4. Paper Source Globe ornament, $14.95, papersource.com. Your budding traveler will appreciate this fun stocking stuffer. Hang it on the tree and dream together of the places you'll go!
5. Glitz Froggles, $19.99, www.madebymydad.com, for ages 6+. If your kid loves to swim as much as my 7-year-old does, she'll love these blinged out goggles. No matter how many cannonballs and splash fights she gets into, these sturdy goggles won't budge and won't pull her hair.
6. Justin's Honey Peanut Butter + Banana Chip snack packs, $1.99 at retailers nationwide. Chocolate and candy canes are great and all, but I'd rather give my kids a better for you snack like this pairing of Justin's delicious and creamy peanut butter with organic banana chips. With 3 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein, this 200-calorie stocking stuffer will keep kiddos satisfied through the present-fest, until everyone can sit down for breakfast.
7. Starbucks Gingerbread Cafe Kit, $24.95, available at Starbucks cafes nationwide, as well as starbucks.com. This easy-to-assemble kit is fun for a holiday party or any snowy afternoon. Have a sweet time assembling and customizing your cafe with icing, sprinkles, candies and gumdrops. There are even tiny candy red cups! We added a drive up window to ours:).
8. Paper Source Colorful Zebra Ornament, $19.95, papersource.com. Move over unicorns, this whimsical zebra has earned its place as the most magical animal on the tree! I'm not sure whether its gold hooves or wreath necklace are more enchanting. This item is currently sold out online, but hopefully you can find it at your local Paper Source store.